The Bohanan Farm
by Mrs. Ashton Bohanan
The first farm buildings and the main part
of the house were built by Simeon Eastman in 1781.
Lester J. Bohanan bought the farm and 150 acres in 1908.
In 1910 he married Blanch Eaton (Bohanan), and took her to the farm. The
farm has been a family farm since that time.
All the buildings standing now, with the exception of the
house and the concrete silos, have been built since World War II by the
Bohanans, with lumber from the farm woodland. The original barn was town
down in 1955.
The farm today is run by the sons of Lester-Ivan and
Ashton and Ivan's son, Glenn. There are now 400 acres and approximately 140
head of cattle.
Mrs. Ashton Bohanan