by Mrs. Brian Donohue
The Community Center was once a stable
owned by Horace Davis, the same man that owned the
Kimball Nursing Homes. Some time in the late 1920's or early 1930's
he gave it to the Town.
It was called Columbia Hall at the time. Cars were parked
under the building for years for a small fee.
Upstairs was used for plays, high school basketball games
and most town activities for years. Movies were run on Saturday. Downstairs
there were offices and a shoe repair store.
After World War II the fire
department took over the downstairs. In the late 1960's a group of
interested people started the Community Center.
In January 1974 the fire department
moved out to their new fire department building and the entire building is
now the Community Center.
Mrs. Brian Donohue