Old Contoocook Fire House
(Fire Station/Apartment Home)
by Mrs. Walter Miner
In 1831 the Contoocook Village Engine
Company was incorporated.
In 1889 a water line was laid from Bear Pond to the
Village, and thus the town was afforded hydrant protection. Alarms were
sounded by bell until the installation of electric sirens in 1925.
The first mechanized engine was a Whippet pumper ladder
truck acquired in 1932. In 1947 Contoocook and Hopkinton fire precincts were
joined to form the Hopkinton Fire Department.
Mrs. Walter Miner
Pine Wood Drive