Richard Lord Residence
by Ms. Ginny Herrick
In 1760 a widow, Abigal Gould, and her
three sons, came to live on Gould Hill. Christopher Gould built a house
where the present Leadbeater garage now stands. Moses, his brother, built a
house also, down the hill on the westerly side.
In about 1775 the boys exchanged houses, and the house
was moved to its present location by ox team. Moses lived in the house with
his wife and family.
The house then came into the possession of the Kimball
family and remained their family home for five generations, about 100 years.
Since then the house has changed hands four times before
becoming the Lord's home.
Ms. Ginny Herrick